Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Valentine Treat Bags

Another snowstorm has hit. As I was leaving work on Friday the snow was already coming down. Many were stopping at the grocery store for milk and bread. What did I do? I stopped at the craft store and purchased some adhesive. I knew I was out and did not want to spend days in the house without a way to do some papercrafting. I cleaned house yesterday so I could play today.

Today I planned on helping Fisher make treat bags for his teachers and the ladies in the main office. We cut a tag from the A Child's Year cartridge at 1 1/4". Fisher found one of the Valentine stamps he liked. He stamped it six times and colored them all with colored pencils. I cut them out for him and we assembled the bags - chocolate, Tootsie Pop, Starburst, and Skittles.

When they were completely assembled Fisher wrote his name on the back. He did the F and i on his own and only a little help with the other letters.
We had a blast and he did a great job. I know the ladies at the school will enjoy these.

2 comments:

  1. I like you treat bags expecially the little colored part your child drew on, sweet tough. They will love to get them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I'm also from NC and also a teacher (kindergarten)... I'm from the southeast, though, so we didn't get the snow, just some ice and freezing rain. Your treat bags are great - what a nice thought!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.