Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Gift for Mama

The Pink Stamper issued a challenge to make something for someone. My mama loves to receive the cards I make so I thought I would make her a set. I chose to use the Snow Friends cartridge. I added something special to each one. One holds a heart (compliments of a Creative Memories punch) that says "LOVE", another has cute ear muffs with flowers on the shirt, and the last holds a sign saying "LET IT SNOW." (Which truth be known we do not need any more snow. My driveway still has an inch of ice from the snowstorm two weeks ago.) I enjoyed personalizing each one. I also used glitter glue on each one to make them sparkle.

For the background I embossed using my Cuttlebug with the snowflake folder. I also tore some white card stock to create a textured snowbank for each of them stand on. I made two of each type giving her a six card set.
I wanted to package the card set for a nice presentation. I found a clear envelope that was just the right size. I made a topper with a stamp that says "Snowmen melt your heart." I added a few snowflakes on the sides and sealed it all up.
I went into this without much of a plan. I just let the cards develop with each stage. I do hope my mama likes it and that I can surprise her before she reads this (HA HA).
Well, it is back to work tomorrow. They have already called a two-hour delay because it is going to be extremely cold and the buildings are going to need some time to get warm after being vacant for the past two weeks. I'll still have to get up a lot earlier than I have been. Hope I can continue to create a share with everyone. Thanks for taking the time to look and please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.