Background

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Child of God

When the Stampin' Sisters in Christ set the challenge to create a project that showed who you really are I thought about how I got started. About 14 years ago a small rubber stamp store opened up not far from the school I was teaching at and some friends and I went to check it out. We signed up for a class and from there I was hooked. This hobby had a simple beginning: a shoe box with some ink and stamps, a file folder with paper, and the kitchen table. In Corinthians 9:7 we are instructed to "give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." I found joy in giving cards to others. My hobby has greatly expanded over the years to encompass an entire corner of my livingroom.
Although I now scrapbook and make other crafty gifts I consider myself a cardmaker. I stamped this little girl. Doesn't she look like a great friend? Ready to listen and talk all night? I embossed her with clear embossing powder and then colored her with Bic Mark-It markers. I did purchase a copic blending pen which has made a difference. I still continue to work on coloring with the markers. The phrase is from My Pink Stamper. Here is a closer picture of the little girl. I just really like this stamp.

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card - I loved reading about your style! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.