Background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Projects

This first project Fisher and I worked on for a few days. One night we unwrapped a bunch of old crayons from the "crayon box" (If you have kids you know that box I'm referring to. It makes me wonder if anyone has actually completely used up a crayon?) Anyway, we broke the crayons and put the pieces into mini silicone heart cupcake cups. We baked at 230 degrees for 15 minutes.

I printed the sentiment from the computer and used my markers to color the word COLOR. The hearts were simply cut using my Cricut.
Since the Valentine included a crayon I thought it only fitting to provide a picture to color. I googled valentine coloring pages and Fisher picked out the images. My favorite is the dinosaur.


This second project uses Lettering Delights Animals Boxes and Bags. I love the convenience of LD and MTC. I simply purchased the files and downloaded them. Within minutes I was cutting this adorable little alligator bag. I put some Hershey chocolate kisses inside the bag and place in Fisher's lunch box this morning as a little surprise.



Two weeks ago I transitioned into a new position at work. I have been teaching high school math for about 14 years. I was offered a position as a high school math coach and after much thought decided to make the change. I now provide staff development and assistance to high school math teachers in my county. Today was my first day going back to the school that two weeks ago I was teaching at. I made these little gifts for the teachers there.


I found these little blocks of Belgian chocolate on sale at the local discount grocery store. I used DCWV Sweet stack for the cupcake paper which I wrapped the bar. The Lacy Circle from Spellbinders Nestabilities has quickly become one of my favorites. The stamp is a Studio G from the $1 bin at Michaels.


At the end of last night I still wanted to make something for Fisher's teachers and the ladies in the front office. This is another file from Lettering Delights called Conversation Hearts. Inside the small boxes are some Hershey's chocolate kisses.

Well, that's it. Actually that's all the ones I have pictures of. I also made a card for my DH, a card for my mom, and a box to hold some candy favors for Fisher.

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.