Background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Quick Layout

This morning I want to share with you a quick layout I did of my DS and his loyal dog Patch. (I wonder just how many dalmations are named Patch?) Anyway, I have stopped trying to scrapbook in chronological order. If I try that then I am always behind. Instead I just grab some pictures I like and start creating.
For this page I used the font from the Robotz cart. The paw print was a challenge. I don't have a cart with a paw print so I used the bear from the Doodlecharms cart. (I used him on a card in my last post which is why I thought to go to it.) The bear has a layer for his tummy & nose that was just the right size for the paw. I copied it multiple times using my Gypsy and then hid the portions I didn't need. Viola - I paw print. After putting the letters on the page it seemed a little dull so I traced the edges with an opaque white pen to make it pop. Lastly, what page would be complete without the dog from Create a Critter. (One of my favorite carts.) I added the red collar to match Patch's. The bone made a nice header for my journaling.


Thanks for the visit. I just love company. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    What a cute layout, I love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.