Background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hang in There

The end of the fall semester has been a mess. With all of the snow exams had been pushed back a couple of weeks. The schedule was crazy... never knowing if we were going to school or not. Suffice it to say that preparing my students for the math exam was a challenge.

I made this card for one of the students that has his own challenges besides taking the exam. His testing took all day and into the next. It took him 6 hours to answer the 80 question exam. He worked very hard and was exhausted by the end of the first day. I knew he was going to face more the next day and wanted to encourage him. I couldn't wait to get home that evening because I knew this stamp and this monkey were just made for this card.

I used the Create a Critter cart to cut the monkey. The stamp is from Stampin' Up. The paper is from DCWV and the border punch is EK Success. The student loved the card and I do hope it brightened his day. If only all my students had the motivation and determination this young man has. This is why I love making cards. They just have a way of expressing the emotion.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I just joined as a follower. Hope you drop by to my blog.
    http://jegaspassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.