Background

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back from Hiatus

The thought was that I would lots of time this summer to craft and share. NOT! No complaints because we had a fabulous summer and I spent some great time with my boys. We enjoyed swim lessons, camping, the beach, an awesome museum with a dinosaur park, and movies. I also trained for my first 5K which was August 13th. It was a very busy few months.

Now school is back in session. Fisher has started Kindergarten. Every one kept asking if I was going to cry. I was too excited for him to cry about it. Friday was his first day so tomorrow will start his first full week. As for me, I am back at work teaching high school math. I love the start of the school year and there are so many things I am looking forward to this year.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough. I guess you have come to visit to see some crafts. In May, a colleague of mine got married and I wanted to make her something special. I etched a glass container, perfect for flowers or a candle, with their names. I also made her a set of monogram cards with the initial of her new last name.

For the card I cut a scalloped circle I found in the gallery using the Make the Cut software. I embossed a piece of white card stock and layered some paper from My Minds Eye on the side. The stamp on the scalloped circle is from a set I found at the Dollar Store. I wasn't too pleased with the bright yellow I chose for the letter C. I brushed it with brown ink using a stimple brush. This toned it down a little. I would have recut the letters but I was running out of time.
I really like etching glass. It makes it easy to create personalized gifts. I can't remember the font I used in MTC for the names. I placed some paper inside the glass but I'm not sure it helps you see the image any better. At least you can get an idea.


My friend liked the gift and ended up using it at her reception. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous and such a perfect gift...hope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.