Background

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fish Hatchery Layouts

Although I would like to be one that is completely caught up on scrapbooking my favorite photos I have resigned myself to being behind - always. I sort of like it. In creating these pages from April 2007 I was able to revisit a fabulous outing that I took with my family, a friend and her two children.

We started at the playground where the children (ages 16 months to 2 years) loved the slide. Fisher was all about climbing up the steps. You can even get a glimpse of Dad taking Fisher down the slide. We followed this sliding adventure with a visit to the fish hatchery. There the children got to feed the fish. They squealed with delight every time they threw the food in because the fish would just splash the water in a feeding frenzy.

So the first layout is of the slide. I used the Locker Talk cartridge to cut out the slide and Plantin Schoolbook to cut out the lettering. (Thanks to my DH for the cricut jukeboxes for Christmas. I can now cut from different carts without turning the machine off.) I used a journaling block I received in a swap. I feel it needs a little more but I am not sure what. So for now the 2 page layout is complete.



For the second layout I used A Child's Year cart to cut out the fish. I had taken pictures of the different fishing signs at the hatchery and used those as embellishments. I am pleased with this layout. I particularly like the picture of Fisher standing by himself. He has grown so much it is hard to remember him that small. That is why I love scrapbooking and pictures. The memories are priceless. Anyway, here is the 2 page layout.
Thanks for taking a look. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.