Background

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card

As I was lounging the days away at the beach last week I spent time on some great website. I was inspired by many and couldn't wait to get home to try some of the new techniques I had seen. One of them was a Tri-Shutter Card by Bonnie Szwalkiewicz. A tutorial for this card can be found at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard.

My grandmother has not been feeling well and I want to send her a little pick me up. This card is for her. I used a variety of techniques. On the long pieces I did some paper piercing. (I can see why a template for that would be useful.) I punched the tag with a CM punch and then distressed the edges before stamping and attaching the paper flower. The three flowers on the inside are from an inchie swap. I also used some of my new acrylic stamps from Imaginisce. I plan on writing a brief note on the center piece above the ribbon. I hope you enjoy the card. I know I enjoyed getting back to making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.