Background

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Little Old and A Little New

My mother-in-law's birthday was yesterday and I actually had some free time to craft. My father-in-law had asked me to create a card for him to give to her and of course I had to make one from us. This first card is the one I made for my father-in-law to give to her. The "little old" is the use of the phrase "live, laugh, love." It's one of my favorite phrases to use because I find it suitable for a variety of situations. The "little new" is to challenge myself to use MTC to weld the words together instead of using my stamp. The flowers are also a new purchase from the local store.
 

This second card is the one from us. The "little old" is the flower stamp which I have had for years and is well used. The "little new" is the sewing. I do not sew but love the look on cards. I found a simple crafters sewing machine for $9 and thought I would try it out. I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color which is still a technique I want to get better at.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.