Background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bride & Groom Wedding Card

One of the young ladies from our church got married today. I wanted to make her an extra special card. I decided to use Patricia Zapata's Ring Box Cut It from Lettering Delights. I used my Silhouette Cameo and Make the Cut. The top of the box is backed with a piece of colored vellum.
The lace is from the $1 bin at AC Moores and was wrapped around the edge. White self-adhesive pearls were used at each intersection of the rings. I liked how both added a little elegant look and went with the theme of a wedding card.
For the card, I used an image from the internet of a bride & groom holding hands. Pixel trace with MTC made cutting the image out very easy. The corner I found in the MTC gallery. The cardstock is a metallic blue that has a shimmer to it.
I used the embossing folder Butterfly Kisses from Craft Concepts on a piece of white vellum. I colored the back of the butterflies with my Spectrum Noir TB4 marker.
Finally the box was a little too deep for a single card so I cut a piece of white cardstock an inch larger in both dimensions, folded it an inch on each side, trimmed the corner pieces, and put it in the box. This lifted the card to the top. The ribbon is threaded through small slits I made in the bottom of the box and tied on top.

I am entering this in Ashley's Welch Creations Challenge #7, the ABC DT Challenge "Graduation or Wedding" card,  and the Cardz TV Challenge #109 "Say I Do"

By the way, the wedding was beautiful. Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karen!! I am sure the bride loved it:-)
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special card...just stunning,Karen! Thanks so much for joining us for the Cardz TV DT Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is awesome!! So so beautiful!! I love both the card and the box!!! Thank you so very much for joining our "Say I DO" challenge at Cardz TV!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wedding card and box!! Love the blue!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys & Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Love the box and card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS for the say I Do Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! The colors are fantastic!!! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Talk about Gorgeous from the box to the card. This looks awesome. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Say I Do” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful Karen! Thanks for joining in on my WC Challenge and TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from others. Thank you for taking time to comment.